I use the Actuaries Longevity Illustrator to show how to think through retirement horizon planning. This first scenario, I look at a 50-year-old woman, trying out …
We are excited to present the 2018 – 2019 Life Insurance and Wealth Management Practice Update video with Catherine Robertson-Hodder (FIAA, BCom, BSc) and Andrew Katon (FIAA) on behalf of the Life Insurance and Wealth Management Practice Committee (LIWMPC).
This video covers key Life Insurance and Wealth Management industry issues in 2018, and emerging topics that will impact the Life Insurance and Wealth Management sector in 2019.
The 2018 – 2019 Practice Update video series aim to provide:
– Key headline news from the industry/practice area;
– Important changes to legislation, regulation, standards etc.;
– Significant appointments to new roles;
– Emerging topics and issues within the industry/practice area;
– Details of the Practice Committee’s activities;
– Useful sources of CPD; and
– Volunteering opportunities.
Jump to each chapter of the Life Insurance and Wealth Management Practice Update video below
00:44 – 2018 Key Industry News
03:38 – 2019 Key Industry Forecasts
04:34 – Volunteering
05:40 – Useful Sources of CPD
06:04 – Thank You
View our useful sources of CPD below:
– Life Insurance & Wealth Management Microsite: https://actuaries.asn.au/practice-area/life-insurance-and-wealth-management
– Actuaries Digital: https://www.actuaries.digital
– Actuaries Institute Events: https://actuaries.asn.au/events/calendar
– Actuaries Institute Past Events: https://actuaries.asn.au/knowledge-bank/past-events
– Actuaries Institute Podcasts: https://www.spreaker.com/user/actinst
– LIWMPC Newsletters: https://actuaries.asn.au/knowledge-bank/practice-newsletters
– Submissions: https://actuaries.asn.au/public-policy-and-media/submissions
– Professional Standards: https://www.actuaries.asn.au/professional-development-regulation/professional-standards-and-guidance
Want to get involved with the Life Insurance & Wealth Management Practice Committee?
Write an article for Actuaries Digital, become an education volunteer, appear in our podcast, join one of the many committees/working groups or share your knowledge with us through the email below:
Thank you to our volunteers, working group members and HQ staff for all your continued hard work in supporting the Life Insurance and Wealth Management Practice Committee.
View more Practice Update videos across different areas here:
Follow the Actuaries Institute on our social channels:
↳ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/792645/
↳ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Actuaries-Institute/183337668450632
↳ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ActuariesInst
↳ Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ActuariesInst
↳ Spreaker: https://www.spreaker.com/user/actinst
Subscribe to our YouTube channel:
About the Actuaries Institute
As the sole professional body for Members in Australia and overseas, the Actuaries Institute represents the interests of the profession to government, business and the community. Actuaries assess risks through long-term analyses, modelling and scenario planning across a wide range of business problems. This unrivalled expertise enables the profession to comment on a range of business-related issues including enterprise risk management and prudential regulation, retirement income policy, finance and investment, general insurance, life insurance and health financing.
Find out more about actuaries:
Copyright © 2018 by Institute of Actuaries of Australia
All rights reserved. No part of this video (including the sound recording embodied therein) may be copied, reproduced, screened, distributed, or transmitted in any format by any means without the prior written permission of the publisher, or unless otherwise permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below.
Learning material associated with this subject, including this video, is intended for education and training purposes only and is not intended to be used as the basis of work for which payment is received or to which legal liability is or may be attached
The Institute of Actuaries of Australia
ABN 69 000 423 656
Level 2, 50 Carrington Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: +61 (0)2 9239 6100
Fax: +61 (0)2 9239 6170
#actuary #actuaries #actuariesinstitute #practiceupdate #lifeinsurance #wealth #management #wealthmanagement #industry #update #APRA #Basel #royalcommission #video #workinggroup #science #podcast #media #event #insurance #law #professional
How Can We Help You?
It’s our responsibility to evaluate and assess your financial situation and only make recommendations that are in your best interest, and we do so with integrity & transparency.
Contact Us Today
1355 North Main Street
Bountiful, Utah 84010