FREE Training Video + Join Our Investing Academy ➤ http://bit.ly/InvestingAcademy Today we’ll talk about when and how to use the RRSP vs TFSA.

1. Brandon Beavis Investing
    Brandon Beavis Investing says:

If you'd like to touch up on the different accounts and how they work… Give these videos a watch:
    TFSA Explained – https://youtu.be/fcQVmZp0G-Y
    RRSP Explained – https://youtu.be/mR2jA0sd3cE
    US Dividend Withholding Tax – https://youtu.be/omJ8P-uZKHI

📈📚 As always, if you're a beginner to the Stock Market and you're looking for a step-by-step blueprint on how to get started… Find out more about our Investing Academy here – http://bit.ly/InvestingAcademy.

2. Jordan Williams
    Jordan Williams says:

PPCIAN gang!

If I become an electrician, I'm hoping to max out my TFSA in 3-4 years. Right now with my current income I'll never max it out, assuming the federal government consistently increases the contribution room.

3. FPSEli
    FPSEli says:

Dude, I'm glad you talked about this. This has been one of the biggest questions I've been asking myself before I start investing. I think I'm leaning in the TFSA direction as I don't have quite enough money to max it out, I don't have a very high income, and I'm not 100% sure of my timeline (but probably long term). Also, nice shirt – PPCIan, like yourself, has been someone great to learn from. Keep it up and thanks for the info!

4. Investing Engineered
    Investing Engineered says:

I’ve only added to my TFSA since I believe that my tax rate will only increase with time!

It wouldn’t make sense to max out my RRSP at such a low tax rate while I’m young. Great point in the video 👍

5. KP14
    KP14 says:

Another great video Brandon… great to know.
    I have one question for you regarding the US withholding tax. If you own Vanguard's VFV.TO (the Canadian version of VOO), do they deduct the 15% withholding tax automatically? ie.. does Vanguard's monthly ETF report show the monthly/annual performance data for VFV with the 15% tax removed?
    If that's the case, I guess there's no benefit of holding VFV in an RRSP. It would be better to hold VOO.NY in US $ in your RRSP, since the 15% tax isn't removed from VOO.
    I'd actually never thought about this until watching your video tonight. Interested in hearing your thoughts.
    Thanks!

6. Bruno Castonguay
    Bruno Castonguay says:

Thanks, didn’t know that we pay US taxes on US dividends stocks in a TFSA account, Can you confirm if it’s still the case if the US company sell stocks on the Toronto market?
    What about a ETF US index on the TSX market?

7. R Evans
    R Evans says:

Another major consideration is whether or not you'll have pension income when you retire. If you will have significant pension income you're better off to contribute to TSFA because the RRSP withdrawals that supplement your pension income will be taxed heavily.

8. Kenan Grace
    Kenan Grace says:

Great video? Yes! I like the three main topics format! I may use a similar style on my channel!

New tup the great work!

I looked forward to new content from you!

I Hit the bell to be a part of your notification SQUAD!

9. xo_kryptoknight
    xo_kryptoknight says:

Hi Brandon, thank you for another great video.
    I have a question about investing towards my first home.

I am looking to get my own condo in about 3-5 years.
    From the short amount of time, the TSFA would be a good idea.
    However, I do know that there's also a home buyers plan that allows Canadians to withdraw from their RRSP, tax-free, to purchase their first home.

Should I invest in a mix of TFSA and RRSP, or just TFSA in this case?
    Thank you for all your videos!

10. Nancy B
    Nancy B says:

Do you get clients that choose the companies they invest in by what their ethical standards are? (say they are against pipelines so won't invest in oil or a Canadian who only wants to buy Canadian stocks?) I'm curious what you advise them