Here is the direct link to create your MySocialSecurity Account: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
Call the Social Security Administration directly at: 1-800-772-1213
Creating your My Social Security account can be done at any point after turning age 18. This is important to:
– Verify your income reported to SSA is accurate
– Start planning early for retirement
Creating an account takes minutes and it will give you access to your annual statement in the form of a pdf. Additionally, on the website you can:
– Get personalized retirement benefit estimates using the new Retirement Calculator
– Opt out of mailed notices for those available online
– Check your application status
– Set up or change direct deposit
– Request a replacement Social Security card
– Access the Representative Payee Portal
– Get a Social Security 1099 (SSA-1099) form
– Get a proof of income letter
– Change your address if you’re a beneficiary
Accessing your account’s annual full statement will give you the most up to date information on retirement benefits, disability benefits, family and survivor benefits, and medicare benefits. You can also see and review your entire lifetime earnings record.
Your Social Security Statement tells you about how much you or your family would receive in disability, survivor, or retirement benefits. It also includes our record of your lifetime earnings. Check out your earnings history, and let the SSA know right away if you find an error. This is important because they base your benefits on their record of your lifetime earnings.
Social Security benefits are not intended to be your only source of income when you retire. On average, Social Security will replace about 40 percent of your annual pre-retirement earnings. You will need other savings, investments, pensions, or retirement accounts to make sure you have enough money to live comfortably when you retire.
#MySocialSecurity #RetirementPlanning #SocialSecurityAdministration