START INVESTING FOR FREE: M1 Finance – https://m1finance.8bxp97.net/NextLevelLife Audible Free Trial (Includes 2 FREE Audiobooks) …

1. Alex Bright
    Alex Bright says:

People should withdraw depending on market conditions. Bad year, withdraw less, good year withdraw more to maintain a 1- 2-year cash balance.
    It is frustrating watching the table fill in cell-by-cell. Painful.

2. Neil W
    Neil W says:

Another great video, but I have a question.

According to the 3,4,5,6% withdrawal rates you're supposed to be withdrawaling 3,4,5,6% of the balance. So if you have $1,000,000 or $10 you would only be withdrawaling the percentage of that. So in the end you would ALWAYS have money left over. I understand that you can't live on $0.60 cents a year, but the fact is you would never run out of money. So my question is how to you come to the conclusion that you would run out of money?

3. Eleanor Goldsmith
    Eleanor Goldsmith says:

How would you account for the data that suggests that people spend more in retirement at the beginning and then after 75 yrs of age people spend significantly less money. How would you adjust withdrawl rates for this scenario?

4. Smoky RS98
    Smoky RS98 says:

Thumbs down 👎… for one simple reason, too many adv !! Man , you cut the stream of ideas you are explaining…

Next time l will un subscribe,
    Sorry to say, but it is the harsh reality,

5. Nicholas Robbins
    Nicholas Robbins says:

I would love to see a comparison between withdrawing your full annual 4% in one day (like Jan. 1st) vs taking a little out each month, say 0.33% of your portfolio on the 1st of every month. Great video as always, extremely informative and great analysis! 👍🏼

6. FlowerGrower Smith
    FlowerGrower Smith says:

Thanks Daniel – very good video. Another big theme I've been pondering is – timing your retirement. It seems as though retiring into a downward trending market can have a hugely negative impact. Looking at historical performance, is it just dumb luck, or if you had a bit of flexibility could you actually time your retirement to your advantage??

7. Dick Longmire
    Dick Longmire says:

Daniel, it would be interesting to see how this plays out with the Vanguard Balanced Index Fund Admiral Shares (VBIAX). It's comprised of 60% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index and 40% Vangurad Total Bond Market Index in one fund. In doing much research between it and the Wellesley (VWINX) and Wellington (VWELX) funds, I really like VBIAX's broader diversification. As a mater of fact, I am retiring early in a few months at age 53 1/2 and have been thinking of using it in a SEPP 72t for 10% penalty free withdrawals. Maybe you can do a presentation on both the VBIAX and SEPP 72t? Seems like both are well kept secretes as even many people in the financial business don't know about them.

8. IRIS yan
    IRIS yan says:

what is the total networth in the beginning on this for the calculation though? I mean, if someone has $10 million and only need 36K each year to retire, s/he will never run out of money

9. Andrew B
    Andrew B says:

Another great one. Out of curiosity where how/why did you come up with $500/month as the number for passive income? I imagine you had to make some assumptions on the estimated expenses in retirement (no expenses amount mentioned) to to get that number. I'm curious because I imagine that $500/month could have a very big impact on a leanFIRE lifestyle vs not as much in a fatFIRE scenario. Wouldn't passive income be better represented as a percentage of total retirement expenses?

10. Bill Schultz
    Bill Schultz says:

Am I the only one too stupid to understand how the money won't last 15 years, but it will last 20+ years with the same withdrawal rate? In order to last 20+, it has to last the 15 first. But hey, as I said, maybe I am just not understanding, but the logic of this doesn't seem to add up to me.

11. Daniel Houck
    Daniel Houck says:

How could the S&P 500 6% withdrawal rate starting in 1971 be higher for 20 years than for 15? If you run out of money within 15 years you're not going to then have money in 20.