START INVESTING FOR FREE: M1 Finance – https://m1finance.8bxp97.net/NextLevelLife The 4 Paths to Retirement And Financial Independence | How to …

1. Will Driver
    Will Driver says:

I am striving for the FI;RE method, thugh I didn't know it had a name till now. The goal is in 23 years have $1.5 mil in various retirment and bridge accounts, with a paid off house. I gross $54k, save 30%, and have 3 kids. We still have cable, snacks, movies and stuff. The key for us has been, other than the house, ZERO debt payments.

What are you all doing to make it? If I could use your knowlegde to get done in under 23 years I wouold be very greatful.

2. Victor Chan
    Victor Chan says:

A traditional retirement means you have about 129 days off per year when you count weekends, holidays, vacation days (104+10+15) and people should take advantage of the 129 mini retirement days while you are young and not wait until retirement. Saving too much money may mean you are not enjoying life prior to retirement. There is no shortcut.

3. dolo gore
    dolo gore says:

Ive been mini retiring for probably 5 years……….with a twist, I take my money and live in a much cheaper country ………and whenI am there pave the way for more extended retirements,…….I am building a food forest and formidable fuel store, plus developing online drips…Ifreelance and live out of a camper in UK and save probably 80% of earnings with no hardships

4. James Campbell
    James Campbell says:

33X expenses….The problem is most people don't even start to consider retirement savings until they are 45 years old and many even later. The fact that the amount needed to retire is so large people have a visceral response to the numbers and throw their hands up in despair and give up before they even get started. I know people that won't even bother to track their spending habits because they know how bad it's going to look and just flat out refuse to curve their spending/lifestyle.

5. Kamaro3XVII
    Kamaro3XVII says:

How to escape the 9-5 trap? easy, live under the bridge. Stock investment is a rigged. Social security is rigged, 401k is rigged. All rigged by the governments you voted for.

6. Juan Hernandez Jr.
    Juan Hernandez Jr. says:

Had I started planning my retirement 20 years ago, I'd be ready to retire in another 3 years. Unfortunately no one ever talked to me about actually saving money for retirement. Everyone talked about social security as the plan. Then when I hit my 40's people started talking about social security being gone by the time I reached retirement age. I'm still retiring at age 60 regardless of the size of my "nest egg". I'm selling everything and leaving the U.S. to a country where the U.S. dollar buys more. Good luck to all who "love their jobs".

7. Dan Angeles
    Dan Angeles says:

Daniel. I love the videos! My question is why don’t any retirement videos ever take into account that most of us will have no mortgage once we retire, which means our yearly expenses will drop significantly. Do you have a video on this?

8. pepperidge farm
    pepperidge farm says:

I'm on my way to FI;RE lean fire. At the age of 27, i've working in middle class level (adjusted to my country earning and PPP), still living with parent and no GF :(, but zero debt, will getting my first apartment (mortgage complete in the next 2.5 year), so by reaching 30 it can be rent to at least half of minimum wage per month in my city. I keep tracking my expenses every week and splitting 60:20:10 (mortgage: expense: investment split), yeah spend only 20% for the expenses. As my career will goes up and so the capital gain & rent fee from my first mortgage, I will buy for another property. I am targeting to own at least 4 property before 37 (middle passive income level), and then maintaining them remotely while keeping my expense low as possible by relocate to somewhere in Southeast Asia, either Chiang Mai, Hanoi, or Bali. Should be faster if I have a significant other who could work in double income and living frugally.

I believe for some people, this is not an easy path like normal worker do, buying a car, dine in a good restaurant, going for a two weeks vacation twice a year while i'm so grateful that my lifestyle selection give equal happiness (good books, walking in the park, yoga and tea time with my friends/ parents).

The reason why I support FI;RE plan is because seeing my grandpa (left already) and my dad, working for the rest of their life. My grandpa stopped working around 70 due to his sickness and my dad already 59 and still working to support my sister education. I strongly believe if I don't learn the way to break this chain, me and my next generation will working for the rest of their life and taking the most productive time in the office. If everything going according to plan, then I have full >30 years (with 15 productive year) to spend more time with my parents, friends, less stress, serving community, backpacking, etc.

For me there is 3 essential fundamental to escape from the hamster wheel of life:
    1. Income: There's a job people less know but paid high, aware of job changes, know what to monetize, side hustle (use it carefully, its double sided blade to your main job and health)
    2. Spending: Prioritization, know how to cook, how to leverage credit card and membership, buy in bulk for primary needs, shop when sales (seasonal change), my expenses number doesn't change from 4 years ago
    3. Investing: Know the right investment product, know the hidden risk, and the good timing to invest.

I pray for all of us to be financially independent and live to the fullest! (:

9. jay13thstep
    jay13thstep says:

I’m 33 years old with a £22k (guess that’s around $30k) salary and no career, all of these options feel like light years away from my reality. Just wish this stuff was taught to us all in our teens, but the ‘secrecy’ around incomes/money seems to make the topic off limits.

10. Shermta F
    Shermta F says:

How do you generate cash flow? How do you double your money if your 18-19 and make $1,200 a month (300 a week)? I'm thinking of getting an investment house as I still live with my mother and not planning to move out any time soon.. I started reading Rich Dad poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter Rich Dad,rich dad poor Dad for teens, Rich Dad poor Dad Becoming rich without cutting up your credit cards. Now I track where my money is going to determine if I’m spending money on things that don’t matter, making impulse purchases, or wasting money without even realising it… last year I wasted $5,980 on McDonald's,entertainment,shopping, and Uber. I Don’t use card because you don’t see the money being taken out of my account whereas using cash it makes me spend less money because you think of all the hours spend making that money.. I.put the name of all my expenses on an envelope and put the money in cash into it and that's what I use to pay for everything For e.g. going out $40 monthly once the $40 is gone for the month you’re done going out. I also started putting money in for a Rainy Day Fund (emergency fund) so if something unexpectedly comes up this is where I can turn too so I won’t be in a position where I don’t have the money. I used $150 monthly to pay for things ( use a app called Pocketbook to help me with my spending). I’m focusing on a goal, yearly goal, then break it into monthly goal, then daily goals for example investing in high income skills, skills which generate high income and study accounting to get an idea of how business works before getting into real estate. I'm also thinking about studying marketing, economics, shares, real estates, high return investments, online businesses etc I didn't know where to start. I want to have multiple streams of income by 23-25. Right now I'm learning about Asset and Liability and has gotten addicted to saving.

“those who don't manage their money will always work for those who do. Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving”

11. rubikfan1
    rubikfan1 says:

In the Netherlands every get money when reaching 67. It just enough for living(depending who you ask). On top of that if you work for some1 they need to pay a pension(a few % of your wage). Than the big pensions invest for you. And you get it back later when you are old. This way you dont need that much own money. Although having your own money makes it a bit more luxery

12. ThingsToDo
    ThingsToDo says:

Jane is make $70 000/yr and you think she can save $4333/month what fantasy land are you living in. she barely has that much take home pay after payroll taxes. If Jane is saving $1500/month I would be surprised

13. debunker300
    debunker300 says:

There is no such thing as escaping the rat race. If you do the things this video (and the gazillion other videos on YT just like it) suggests, you're just moving into an alternative rat race.

14. Ran
    Ran says:

This is one of the best and most informative channels on UT

Congratulations on knowing how to communicate to your audience without a lot of unnecessary talking and background music

15. Kien Nguyen
    Kien Nguyen says:

I dare you to give me an example of a place that give 8% even 6% return without huge risk. I double dare you. 🙂 And that has not counted for taxes, which make returns 2/3 of that.

16. Evelyn C
    Evelyn C says:

Is good to save but investing is the best and very necessary, that way your money works for you when you have retired, my investment in forex trading yields huge profits for me weekly with the help of a professional trader Mr Stuart Wilkins.